One of the things I like best about the gift-a-long is the excuse to spend a lot of time looking at other designers’ work. I can’t possibly make everything I see and like, so I’m going to make a few mini treasure hunts for you. For each treasure hunt post I put up, I’ll be giving away a copy of the pattern in question.
So how will you find the answer? First, here’s an excerpt from a pattern photo (by permission of its owner, of course):
Here are some hints and random bits of information:
- this is a knitted accessory.
- its shape and the garter stitch pattern help it work well with variegated yarn.
- its name is defined by its angle.
- its designer lives on the west coast of the continent where I live.
- like me, she’s a homeschooling mama.
- unlike me, she’s involved in roller derby.
If you figure it out, please either email me: naomi at stringgeekery dot com, or message me on Ravelry. If I get more than one answer, and it shouldn’t be that hard, I will use a random number generator to pick a winner. Deadline is the end of the sale: November 27, 2015 at 11:59 pm US EST.