Well, and here we come to the third and last of the treasure hunts I’ve put together for the Gift-a-long. I’ve had fun doing this, and I’d venture to guess that you have too, from the responses I’ve been getting!
This one is also mathematically-themed, though a bit less obviously so.
- This is a third kind of knitted accessory.
- While the name can be mathematical, the meaning of the exact word in math is on a higher level than I think of as general knowledge, so I’m not going to use that as a clue. The shape, however, is an twisty form familiar to many knitters, though perhaps a bit one-sided.
- It’s worked from the middle outward.
- It’s got double knitting and seed stitch.
- I suspect the name has to do with the double knitting, as it has to do with a mutual exchange of benefits.
- I interviewed the designer for a previous year’s Gift-a-Long.
If you figure it out, please either email me: naomi at stringgeekery dot com, or message me on Ravelry. If I get more than one answer, I will use a random number generator to pick a winner. Deadline is the day before the end of the sale: November 26, 2015 at 11:59 pm US EST.