Here’s links to a bunch of techniques and tutorials I’ve collected since the last time I posted one of these link lists. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did! I’ve included some crochet links even though I can’t use them myself, just because I thought they were interesting.
- Mosaic Knitting 101 – mosaic knitting is a way of knitting fancy colorwork patterns while only working with one color at a time.
- A Cheater’s Guide to Wraps Per Inch (wpi): the first method for figuring out what needle size to use with yarn is one I use all the time. I’m a tight knitter; you might need to learn to adjust based on whether you’re a tight or loose knitter.No More Estimating Tail Length for a Long Tail CO: this is how I do it for long cast-ons.
- How to hang a sweater without ruining it.
- How to knit a 2 color Italian cast-on (good for 2 color brioche)
- Seaming 2 color brioche with mattress stitch
- Instructions for lots of different shawl shapes
- Underline stitch: an interesting stitch pattern technique