Sometimes when I design a larger stitch pattern, there’s a part of it that I think would be good as a smaller pattern. I think of these as excerpts or outtakes.
This stitch pattern is an outtake from Join: I took a vertical excerpt from it that struck me as a likely candidate, and then I changed which was row 1 to make it start in the logical spot.
(This excerpt isn’t a coded word anymore.)
- This is a stitch pattern such as might be found in a stitch dictionary. It is not a pattern for a finished object. You will need to add selvedges or some other form of knitted stitches to either side.
- Lace-cable feather chevron is a multiple of 9 stitches and 6 rows.
- I’ve made a stitch map for it.
- Designers, please feel free to use this in your patterns. I’d like credit but won’t be offended if people don’t give it.
- My blog posts and free stitch patterns are supported by subscriptions on Patreon or donations to my Paypal tip jar in the sidebar. If you appreciate my work, please consider helping out. Thanks!
- 1/1 LC: Slip next stitch to cable needle and place at front of work, knit 1, then knit 1 from cable needle.
- 1/1 RC: Slip next stitch to cable needle and place at back of work, knit 1, then knit 1 from cable needle.
- k: knit.
- k2tog: knit 2 stitches together as if they were 1. (Right-leaning decrease)
- p: purl.
- ssk: slip each of the next 2 stitches as if to knit, then knit them together through the back loop. (Left-leaning decrease)
- yo: yarnover
Row 1 (RS): *k2, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk, k2; work from *.
Rows 2, 4, and 6: Purl.
Row 3: *k1, 1/1 RC, k3, 1/1 LC, k1; work from *.
Row 5: *1/1 RC, k5, 1/1 LC; work from *.