When I was going through the various possibilities for the Amber needlework chart, there was one that didn’t work out as a whole chart but that I really liked. However, the part that I liked best could be pulled out of the larger chart and made into something that was a good needlework chart. This is a variation on the chart I made for Amber motif, version 1; I like them both a lot.
- Amber motif, version 2 has a repeat of 12 + 1 columns and 6 rows.
- In the written instructions, color A is the light squares above, and color B is the dark.
- The written instructions below are formatted for stranded knitting, but it is my hope that they could be translated into instructions for other crafts. For instance, if working filet crochet, 1A could be one open square and 2B could be two filled-in squares.
- Designers, please feel free to use this in your patterns (no need to ask). I’d like credit but won’t be offended if people don’t give it.
- My blog posts and free stitch patterns are supported by subscriptions on Patreon or donations to my Paypal tip jar in the sidebar. If you appreciate my work, please consider helping out. Thanks!
Round 1: work knit as follows; 1B, *(1A, 1B) × 6; work from *. (13 sts)
Round 2: work knit as follows; 1A, *2A, (2B, 3A) × 2; work from *.
Round 3: work knit as follows; 1B, *4A, 1B, 1A, 1B, 4A, 1B; work from *.
Round 4: work knit as follows; 1A, *(1B, 4A) × 2, 1B, 1A; work from *.
Round 5: work knit as follows; 1A, *1A, 2B, 5A, 2B, 2A; work from *.
Round 6: work knit as follows; 1B, *(1A, 1B) × 6; work from *.