Novels with secret codes in fiber arts
- Dickens, Charles. A Tale of Two Cities. (knitting; historical fiction)
- Jones, Diana Wynne. The Spellcoats (spinning & weaving; children’s fantasy; part of a series)
- Wrede, Patricia and Caroline Stevermer. The Grand Tour or The Purloined Coronation Regalia. (knitting; YA alternate history/fantasy; part of a series)
Encryption & Steganography
Pattern Repeat Design
- Subject heading to look for at a library:
- Repetitive patterns (Decorative arts)
- Proctor, Richard. Principles of pattern design.
- “Symmetry and Pattern Design Resources”. Artlandia. 2010. [http://www.artlandia.com/wonderland/#Textile-design] Accessed 23 Apr 2011.
- Waterman, V. Ann. Design Your Own Repeat Patterns: A Quick and Easy Approach.
knitting, crochet, other string tricks, and forays into other creative endeavors