Doodle worked as a cable pattern

This is yet another variant of the doodle pattern I designed several weeks ago. This time I used it as the basis for a cable design, though I left out the two little dots in the middle of the diamonds. They didn’t make sense in this context.

Unfortunately, while I would have had time to knit a swatch, I didn’t have the ability. I cut my thumb while getting ready for a winter storm! It’s getting better, but I’m not up to knitting yet. I’ve checked the design over carefully by eye and also double-checked it with Stitch Maps.

At a guess, I’m not sure I’d find this particularly interesting on its own. I suspect I’d want to incorporate lace motifs or other stitch patterns into the centers of the diamonds.

Continue reading