If you follow me on Pinterest, you’ll have seen these already.
Here’s some links to other people describing interesting and useful techniques. Enjoy!
- Afterthought gussets for an afterthought heel (at the bottom of the page).
- Furniture feet – felted socks for furniture legs so they don’t scratch the floor.
- Making binding off in the middle of the row tidier.
- Buttonhole cast-on
- twice-knit knitting – dense fabric that doesn’t stretch and won’t ladder if it gets a hole. And yet, it’s knitting. I’ve seen this in a Montse Stanley book, but it’s the first time I’ve seen it online.
- How many stitches will fit on a circular needle – estimates based on gauge and needle length. Handy!
Miscellaneous fiber arts
- No-sew rag rugs – the strips are attached to each other while the braiding is happening. Intriguing!
- Making a long, narrow, striped pom-pom kind of thing – I used a technique like this to make a tail for my son’s Hallowe’en costume a few years back.
- Pom-pom hedgehogs
- An easy way to accurately pleat ribbon for trim.
- Unexpected sewing tools.